Monday 19 September 2011

Worked on leaving the ball well - Marsh

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

Sri Lanka against Australia, 3rd Test, SSC, Colombo, 1st day

Daniel Brettig in Colombo

September 16, 2011

Of all the areas where Shaun Marsh has been outstanding in his first two rounds of testing, leaving the ball unless he has to play he should sit at the top. Marsh was able to force Sri Lanka players to bowl with him, opening up vast areas of qualification, provided that patient. Speaking after 81 of 235 for Australia 5 on the first day of the third Test in Colombo, Marsh said it had placed great emphasis on their view of what must go.

"One thing I really tried to work hard in my first two games leaves the ball well, so the ball deliberately," says Marsh. "I worked very hard with Tim Nielsen to make sure I'm really on my game there, and be pleasant and positive in my defense. It has worked well.

"I think a little to do with me playing WACA [in Perth], too. Do not let a lot of balls there, and I tried to ensure that if the ball n 'is not in my area at once, leaving go and just try to get in "

Marsh courage to stand 141 in his debut, and was on display again in Australia fought the Sinhalese Sports Club runs. "I knew I had to do. I was looking forward to having a new opportunity to work there. Just look at the challenges ahead," says Marsh. "I enjoyed my first two innings in Test cricket. Likes to be there with the boys.

"They [Sri Lanka] bowled very well today. The ball was swinging a little 'and the wicket was a bit' sticky in the sense that the first session of a little 'of two rhythms. It' been a tough challenge out there today . 'State Test cricket of all. "

The day began with Australia captain Michael Clarke said Marsh, it would remain at No. 3, pushing Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Hussey down to accommodate him. It was quite a moment for Marsh, as he had not ruled out being abandoned to make way for Ponting.

"I knew someone was missing, and if it was me, so be it. I was not too bothered, I just wanted to take it on the chin, "says Marsh. "When Pup [Clarke] told me this morning [I was batting at No. 3], it was a huge honor. It does not really where I turned, I was not too bothered, but it's a great opportunity.

"It's an absolute privilege to be there. Do not get too many bad balls, I have developed. It is hard work, really test your concentration and this is what m 'hopes and what I said [to expect] cricket test and my old players [Geoff Marsh]. "

Sri Lanka debutant Shaminder ERANGE, for his part, said his first ball to dismiss Shane Watson was not entirely an accident. Watson led the first ball in Test cricket ERANGE uppishly little misunderstanding and was taken to the point, in a scenario ERANGE said had been discussed by the hosts.

"As a team, we talk about how each batter bats, and we have a good idea of ​​weakness and hitters as well as positive. And 'in a bowl or in a bowl just off the carrier" said ERANGE. "I played the first ball to Watson, was out of the carrier, and it was something we had discussed."

Erang was part of a solid bowling Sri Lanka that included three pacemen - an exceptionally rare event at home.

"I told myself that I will if I get an opportunity," said ERANGE. "So when I got my CAP test I was really happy from the time I had the ball in my hand, I would just do my best. I worked hard in training and today was one of the rental of all I had on education. I had a simple plan and I have just done and the fence has come my way. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More