Tuesday 20 September 2011

As special a day as I've had - Clarke

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

Sri Lanka vs Australia, 3rd Test, Colombo, 5 days

Daniel Brett at CSE

September 20, 2011

Australia's victory in the series 1-0 in Sri Lanka, completed by a random SSC in Colombo, was one of the proudest days Michael Clarke. Not only lead his team to success at the first request in three tests with unknown against an opponent of higher rank, but Clarke also safe with a series of telling contribution.

There were equal parts satisfaction and team that Clarke reflected on a tour where Australia won the ODI series 3-2. Of particular importance for the Australian cricket has been the emergence of a group of young people, including Shaun Marsh, Nathan Lyons and Trent Copeland, who made his debut and helped all. Add to that the race of Phillip Hughes, and there was much progress.

"It is so special a day as I was, no doubt," said Clarke. "We have much work to make this trip and doing well. I know seven years ago Ricky [Ponting], in his first test series as captain, won here, so it's really special.

"The way the boys played, the way [Michael] Hussey has played, he had a fantastic series. I was so happy to Hughesy, face, Lyon and young Shaun Marsh. Everyone has contributed, and it The most attractive thing.

"For these three figures is a great feeling because it took so long. Throughout my career there have been many ups and downs, but ultimately, in Test cricket, is likely to be more downs than ups. My stats are not I would have liked. I had a horrible Ashes series, as I very clearly, and in order to help this team win the series to do some shopping today is very special. "

The tourists still had much to do at the beginning of the last day of scrounging and out of the draw is not the characteristic times of the Australian Allan Border.

"The start of the day was quite difficult," says Clarke. "I told the boys when they ran out their drinks first, it was so strong that the 20 tracks that I scored in my career. The things got a little easier from there. Batting with Hus [Man of the series, Michael Hussey] makes a big difference. It is in some major Nick and allowed me to play my way.

"I was still trying to play well if we could run fast enough to try to establish a bit of a struggle. But as the day went wicket was very good for BAT there was a bit of spin and reverse swing, but it was still a very good batting wicket.

"I'm glad I made a hundred. For far too long. It is time I think, but it is very satisfying and a great feeling to have scored in these circumstances. "

Central to the effort of Clarke on the last day the attack was calculated on the left arm spinner Herath Rangan, which eventually led to the figures of 7 for 157. Sri Lanka could have turned a realistic Clarke was the last day is not value in the bottom of the dance office delivery which turned and bounced on the ground.

"It pulled me out eventually, right? I have always said that spin. I feel I try to play as good as I can against rotation, and probably more positive once the spinning ball," said Clarke. "But a lot of rotation, and apparently there is a risk. Fortunately, I had a little 'luck.

"I hit balls in the middle, a couple of balls, somehow missed the stumps and went between the legs. I'm glad I had the courage, as Hughesy yesterday, which could go to play my way. There is always a risk when the ball is pulled down the window and there is always a risk of losing.

"I think [Herath] very annoying throughout the series, won seven. This is a wonderful player and I was lucky that was my day" hui ".
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More