Friday 7 October 2011

Clarke insists he won't be compromised by change

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

Australia in South Africa 2011-12

Daniel Brettig

October 7, 2011

Michael Clarke stresses that does not leave his captain and the rising Australian beat his younger compromised concerned about the myriad of personnel and procedural issues swirling about the national team before the tour to South Africa.

While Clarke was the ideal time to begin test as captain leading the team to a 1-0 win in the series in Sri Lanka, which got a catchy century on the last day the third test, faces other complications of the second round with a staff of back room as transient as the computer itself.

It takes a team with an interim coach Troy Cooley and two possible contenders for the full-time job Steve Rixon and Justin Langer. The national selectors are in a state of flux after the changes brought about by the Argus newspaper, but it is understood that the committee members present, none of them will remain once their successors are appointed, have agreed to pass the time on the ground in southern Africa.

Clarke's leadership on the ground in Sri Lanka has been exemplary, but success in South Africa is not simply a matter of effective planning proteas. He will have to find enough space between their roles in the field and the organization of teams even though the means of this organization are changing.

"Even if you win they say [the balance is correct]. I do not think you'll ever know," Clarke said the Australian Sports Commission Captains Forum in Sydney. "It 'important to me that the preparation of the first - if I'm not scoring the works I do not have a team, so I can not be captain.

"So while I do it, gives me every opportunity to meet individually and then put my main objective of the team, how I can help them be successful, then things off the field that I have time for, but certainly not jeopardize my team or coaching for anything outside the court. It has been so far and I'm sure this will continue.

"There will be problems down the road, no doubt, as I have probably already experienced in the review, and Troy come to our coach in South Africa there are some things that are outside the scope of the case, but until I had time to do my own homework and make sure I'm ready to go out and perform individually and also help my team, I think it will be good. "

Regarded as the most practical leader, Clarke has been at any time be able to rely on other members of the party tour, so do not be too much. Another key to this balance is by Gavin Dovey, Team Manager, who replaced his longtime predecessor, Steve Bernard after the transfer of Bangladesh in April.

"It is important to have good people around you," says Clarke. "Shane Watson is my vice-captain, support staff and Troy now stand in as our coach, everyone has a role to play and it is important that the use of their help, advice and a little guidance to help me out because I certainly can not do everything.

"Troy took over the coaching role, there was a mass communications in the last week in preparation for South Africa. We have good people around with our support staff, Craig McDermott, Justin Langer and Steve Rixon so they go to play a major role in South Africa too. "

Australia T20 squad leave for South Africa over the next 24 hours, with Clarke and other team members to join ODI from October 14 Clarke said careful preparation of the team for Sri Lanka to be repeated so that tourists have a chance against the South Africans.

"Our key to our success in Sri Lanka was our preparation," says Clarke. "The boys worked really hard and put a lot of time and effort in their education, so I'm sure South Africa will be exactly the same thing.

"All the boys are very interested in obtaining in South Africa. Dayers and T20, the first and hopefully we can continue to build a little momentum 'in Sri Lanka, and the success a little' more in South Africa and back to the ' Australian summer. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More