Friday 7 October 2011

Bairstow 'surprised' with rapid rise

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

England in India 2011

Personal ESPNcricinfo

October 7, 2011

Jonny Bairstow, drummer of England, admitted "surprise" of touring with England only one ODI and two Twenty20 international games of his career. Bairstow was leading run-getter in Yorkshire recently concluded first class season in England, with 1015 runs at 46.13 in 13 games. His man-of-the-Match performance in ODI debut, scoring a 41 is not Quickfire against India in Cardiff, is probably what sealed his place in the England squad for the trip and brought about the world of Wales to India within a month.

"It was a day of good years," he told reporters in Hyderabad Bairstow, the place of the first of England warm-up match before the series ODI in five games. "I have not been here long, but it is certainly an experience. There is no doubt that it happened faster than I thought. It is a pleasant surprise. This is a fantastic opportunity, every day and training sessions. We hope that I'll take it with both hands. "

Bairstow, 22, kept wicket for Yorkshire, but has yet to do for England with Craig Kieswetter to be the preferred choice. Bairstow can keep wicket in England's first warm-up game in the absence of Kieswetter, representing Somerset in the Twenty20 Champions League continues. "I like to think I could be selected for England as a drummer, but everybody wants to have a guard who can bat '," said Bairstow.

He is the son of David Bairstow, who kept Yorkshire window and has played four tests and 21 ODIs for England. David committed suicide in 1998 at the age of 47 years. "I have very fond memories of my father, things like people have said," Bairstow said. "It was a great person and has done much for the game. It's a proud moment for the family thing and I hope to continue.

"And 'so young, maybe it was easier for me, on the other hand is a bit' bigger and knowing everything that was going on. But my mother was not very well, so it was a simple family. It took a lot of hard work and effort to get everything back on track. We are all happy with how things are. We all work together, and I think that has made us much stronger as a family. "

Like his father, was a master at Bairstow several different types before choosing to concentrate on cricket. He played schoolboy football, Leeds United and Rugby St Peter's School York University, and hockey. "I was a fly-half, and if I had pushed my cricket, I think I would have pushed for rugby," he said. "It would have been a lot of hard work in the gym. I think cricket better, but I was preparing for the first game, and something has changed during the night. 'Was almost a subconscious decision that feels right to play rugby."
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More