Tuesday 4 October 2011

Zaheer's recovery slow but positive

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

India News

Personal ESPNcricinfo

October 4, 2011

Zaheer Khan, India's fast bowler, has said his recovery from ankle surgery is a slow, but actually work to date, and that he has not set a timetable for his return to international cricket.

"The first phase of my rehabilitation program was pretty good," Zaheer told the media after India's Arjuna Award Sports Minister in New Delhi on Monday. "I'm starting the second phase of my rehabilitation. Soon I am going to the National Cricket Academy. My progress has been slow, but positive.

"Get started bowling, I have to return to the full force of the ankle. Then I could play a couple of club matches or a first-class matches. I'm taking one day at a time and not to set goals."

Zaheer was originally diagnosed with a hamstring injury, India's first Test against England, Lord, in July this year, but later excluded from the remainder of the series right ankle impingement that required surgery after 14 - 16 weeks of time for rehabilitation. When asked if it was in Australia watching visiting India later this year in his return to target Zaheer said, just take it day by day.

"I have not decided on any date, but I'll be back soon. It's frustrating not to play at the highest level. However, we can see that [only] the" verifiable and be patient. "

Commenting on the team in India for the home one-day series against England, Zaheer said he expects the decline in Harbhajan Singh to fight their way back in the bunch. "Harbhajan has produced great achievements for the country. I'm sure he will be back soon because he is too good a player to stand out. It has a lot of fire in him and he is a strong character.

Bowling attack struggled in India in England without the leadership and the ability Zaheer, and he said how much the team needs him encouraging him to work better. "It's always a motivation when your team needs you. I do not think that the reliance on me to add any pressure, rather it feels good to sleep with that kind of expectation. Hopefully I'll be back to play this role again. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More