Thursday 6 October 2011

Johnson relies on time and tide

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

Australia in South Africa 2011-12

Daniel Brettig

October 6, 2011

Enigmatic Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson believes he can catch a lot of windows in South Africa - just replicating the way that bothers Sri Lanka.

Although Johnson returns only six wickets at 52.18 in Australia's victory in the series 1-0, he felt its rhythm and pace were good enough to do serious damage in a more useful. These skies almost certainly awaits in South Africa, where Johnson was his most formidable in the tourists' unexpected 2-1 victory in early 2009.

"I felt I actually bowled pretty well, pretty consistently over Sri Lanka," said Johnson's season launch in Perth Western Australia. "Obviously, I did not get wickets -... Wickets selectors just want to see and it works for me, I was bowled fairly well, fairly large accelerated my pace.

"So this is just the ticket on board. If it bothers me as I did in Sri Lanka in South Africa, I am going to get wickets there. As a bowling unit, I think it surprised and as a group. This was Most exciting for me. "

Ensemble of Sri Lankan bowling was one of the most engaged U.S. and Australia for some time, as Ryan Harris, Trent Copeland, Peter Siddle. Shane Watson, Nathan Lyons and Johnson, all bowled in a strong partnership to keep the hosts at bay. The collective strength of the group has created pressure on places, such as Siddle and yet to be defined also impressed by James Pattinson.

"There was always pressure to make the boys there, and always pushing the place for the team," Johnson said. "It 's always so that the pressure is there, but do not try to think about things too much and just go out there and try to do the best you can, and hopefully that's enough."

Mickey Arthur, Johnson's coach at Western Australia and also a candidate for the vacancy left by Tim national Nielsen, said it was a bit surprised to see the scrutiny of the left arm external to keep their place.

"Mitchell Johnson is a backbone, which is win your match and strike bowler is a little erratic at times," said Arthur. "This is what lives, but the balance of their attack around that. Mitchell is a winner and will do again and again in Australia in the future.

"He really loves bowling in South Africa and he got a really good record in South Africa. He trained really well with us. Technically, it looks like a really good place now, so I expect a great series of him. "

Johnson was left out of Twenty20 part of the South African tour, and chose not to play Big League Bash, few roads to return. If he ever returns to the T20 international team, Johnson said he would work on a more toxic bowling Yorker.

"Want to play cricket in his country as much as you can and I'm always willing to play cricket, as I can for my country and my main goal. Obviously, there is some disappointment there," said Johnson. "I feel like I played much Twenty20. My record shows that.

"But it seems I probably did not go so well that I have these in Sri Lanka Twenty20 games. I'm disappointed, but it gives me something to work. I think that last series and really do not get wickets. In the first game I got a belt around a bit ', which can happen Twenty20 cricket.

"I think one big thing that disappoints me a bit is that I have a great Yorker. So if I can work on these things, I think I can bring back the game.

"Why [do not play BBL], is to focus on the summer to come. We have a big test coming against NZ in first and then to India, who have just lost their No. 2.'ll Try to go back to the position Number 1. This is what we are trying to do, we try to work our way the ranking of the test. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More