Monday 19 September 2011

Worked hard on my batting - Dwayne Smith

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

West Indies in England 2011

Personal ESPNcricinfo

September 17, 2011

Dwayne Smith, the versatile West Indies, returned to the team for the Twenty20 series against England, after a period of 18 months, is eager to recover in the international arena.

"I intend to bring the intensity and energy to the team," Smith said. "I see this as an opportunity to restart my international career. Because I was training, and work on my game [after the fall], I say to myself:" I only need one, and I can smell. "This is a great opportunity for me, I do so I'll take it."

Smith last played for West Indies against Zimbabwe in Guyana in March 2010, in a match where the hosts lost by two points. In preparation for this game, Smith was able to walk for fifty only once in ten innings, with seven points in the single digits - in addition to being expensive with the ball - that caused voters to consider other options. Smith said he had worked on the technical and mental game since.

"I worked hard to make fun of me. I understood that we must have patience and try to hit straight," he said. "This new way of thinking worked for me. The coaches are encouraged to work and I needed to reap success at international level".

When he was out of the West Indies team, Smith was a stint with English county of Sussex, Life Friends to play T20 tournament. He said that the experience of English conditions would keep him in good position for next week's Twenty20s.

"I was in Sussex for three seasons, playing a lot of Twenty20 cricket and I have a good knowledge of what to expect," he said. "In fact, I had the chance to play at The Oval [Twenty20 which will be played] a few times, so I am familiar with the conditions and will be able to share this information with the other guys on the team."

The first Twenty20 will be played Sept. 23 at The Oval in London.
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More