Monday 19 September 2011

Mathurin replaces Nurse in T20 squad

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

West Indies in England 2011

Personal ESPNcricinfo

September 19, 2011

Windward Islands left arm spinner Garey Mathurin was included in West Indies Twenty20 squad against England in place of the nurse offspinner Ashley, who do not meet the required standards for the suitability of the training camp in Barbados.

Mathurin, 27, has played 11 first class matches, picking up 40 windows at 22.15 and 12 T20 games, collecting 10 wickets at 24.50 with an economy of 5.56 impressive. It offers the best figures of 7-72 ​​against England Lions, followed by 5 to 86 against the Leeward Islands of the game very next season.

"I see this as an opportunity to represent the people of the Caribbean, and I look forward to have a good trip," said Mathurin. "I am delighted to adapt to new environment and work with the instructor and other members of the team. I am a person and a cricketer confident, so I always keep a positive attitude.

"In T20 cricket is all about seeking to run as fast as possible so that the aim of the bowler is to keep the batsmen in check and limit the scoring. My greatest asset is my ability to keep it tight and put pressure on the batsmen. I see what my work in the team. Also, I know I have to contribute to the bat and I'm always looking to see what I can do to help the team. "

Mathurin is the third of Saint Lucia to be included in the West Indies team, after Charles Johnson and Darren Sammy. "I've known Darren for a very long time we played together at under 19 level and management of St Lucia and the Windward Islands, and we talk a lot about the game, so it's special for me that I will West Indies play with him as captain. "

West Indies play two Twenty20 Internationals in England, September 23 and 25 and chose a young team with many elderly unavailable due to their participation in the Champions League Twenty20.
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More