Friday 16 September 2011

Just another day in Dravid's life

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

England v India, 5 ODI, Cardiff

Swan song of his eventful career as a day coincides with the end result is a bittersweet tour. Dravid, however, still focused on the game, as he offers time for reflection

Nagraj Gollapudi in Cardiff

September 15, 2011

A lot has happened with Rahul Dravid on the tour of England. He made his first speech figure of the Lord, fulfilling a desire that was born the day he made his debut on 95 ground tests 15 years ago. It opened for almost all test series barring the first innings of the first round, and finished player trophy series on the side visitor. He went in the second innings of the third test at Edgbaston to believe that the word for a judge caught behind when replays showed conclusively that the ball had embraced an aglet shoelaces on his left. He was shocked to hear the news that he was part of the Indian one-day squad as reinforcements after the injury had ruled much of front row players. He played his first and final Twenty20 International, where he hit three sixes in a row, the most by an Indian in the game. Tomorrow, Dravid will not only draw the curtains on a "bittersweet" tour, but his one-day career. Fortunately, Dravid did not mind that one bit.

Today Dravid was large, clear and even dyed his answers with a pinch of humor while facing the media on the eve of his last day of a match. Throughout his career, Dravid was a picture of a dissatisfied man, a man who, despite all his achievements and his humility, fought to prove something to himself than to the outside world. In some ways, his struggle with himself always loved the Indian cricket, as he grew up in the role of crisis manager. He rose through the ranks furs for a permanent position at the top for mainly three and four, where his best drummer was seen.

As a first-class, level, grafts, Dravid found it difficult in his life, the formative years of a day's play. But when he returned in 1999, after meeting with an ax a couple of times in the first three years, was transformed into the batsman who could never beat cleverly innings, despite going to grind. He also led by India, kept wickets and moved up and down to find a lot of pressure. He did everything he had, and more. Today, he explained how he could do it.

"He probably had to work harder to one day test cricket. It gave me great satisfaction that I have achieved so much," said Dravid. "When I started my career, apparently was not recognized as much in a day cricketer, [I] probably the most traditional structure of the mind. This is what I grew up in the game of cricket, so I played Ranji Trophy cricket mine. So there was a lot of learning that I had to make a one-day cricket along the way. I met some ups and downs, I dropped in half, I had to go back and learn some lessons, I had to improve my game, continue to improve. "

Rahul Dravid a bat to the point, England v India, 4th ODI, Lord, September 11, 2011

"I probably had to work harder in a day of Test cricket" © AFP

Enlarge

But Dravid has recognized the benefits of early control and I'm-only-going-to-improve attitude. "He helped liberate my test computer and gave me great satisfaction," Dravid said the resurgence of the day. .. "I did a lot of different things for India in cricket one day in a way that the versatility, the ability to do different things that helped me to open the club, is different in three different batters, and then hold the stick stick, and then follow ... different situations to be in. He helped me grow as a person and cricketer. "

At the time, Dravid is the seventh highest run-maker, and eighth in the list of most ODI appearances, something that he has no intention when he started playing. "The fact that I played over 300 games, [and has] close to 11 000 runs to give me great satisfaction. Maybe people would have said at one point, I have a successful career test, but I do not think many people would say that I will play that many individual dayers at the beginning of my career. I told myself. "

Although he did not list the best one-day innings, Dravid said to reach the final of the 2003 World Cup as one of the highlights of his career. Equally satisfying, he said, was to see MS Dhoni side win the World Cup earlier this year, while Dravid was not part of the squad. "As a young child in 1983, was to see, Kapil Dev lift the World Cup a huge inspiration to me as one. 10 years late in my career, sees another Indian team and be part of the journey in some ways, and sees a team led by Dhoni in 2011 was very satisfactory, "said Dravid. The biggest disappointment for him would be the failure to make the Super Sixes at the 2007 World Cup, where India lost to Bangladesh in the stadium in the league. He was a captain, and still have not come to terms with the disappointment.

The intensity of their training, discipline was the work are the pillars behind Sachin Tendulkar, Anil Kumble and Dravid built their success. They are also the qualities that have contributed to the life of the trio. "If you want to play international cricket and international sports for a longer period, there are certain sacrifices that you need to conduct and discipline, you must follow," said Dravid. "To be honest, I never saw them as victims. I like the lifestyle of a cricketer, I love being a cricketer, I would play for my country. In a way I feel fortunate that I hit the ball into the net, I enjoy working hard and I enjoy practicing. Sometimes when people ask me "what do you do after cricket, "I feel I will miss very intensive preparation, practice. "

In the last two months Dravid has always been the first player to leave an hour or two before the rest of the Indian team gathered for training. Today was no different. He was standing in the SWALEC stadium throw down Trevor Penney, the Indian coach Fielding. It was a beautiful sunny day and the trees around the small field dazzled vintage in autumn colors of red, gold and orange. Comfortable in her own room, Dravid started working on minor adjustments to his batting technique. It does not matter to him that he did not have to play another ODI tomorrow.

"I'm not afraid to leave. You just have to recognize that it is time to get to a point when you have to go. I'm happy and I am comfortable in this room, I am i. I am pleased with how my career has evolved, how it has evolved in both forms of the game. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More