Thursday 15 September 2011

Harris in serious doubt for third Test

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

Sri Lanka vs Australia, 3rd Test, Colombo

Daniel Brettig in Colombo

September 14, 2011

Ryan Harris, the fast bowler from Australia, is doubtful for the third Test against Sri Lanka significantly in Colombo after the analysis revealed a minor hamstring strain suffered in the last day of the second test Pallekele. After taking six windows for the game, Harris, 31, complained of a strong hamstring and left the field after the game, the fifth day, with subsequent reviews confirmed some damage occurred.

"It showed that it was a minor strain in a muscle in my Hammy" said Harris. "Probably not the news we are looking for, but I get constant treatment. We'll see what happens in the next two days. There must be some doubt that something was presented.

"Obviously I'm ready to go I'm playing a hazard. If Michael [Clarke] is happy to take me with a slight chance I'm going to give 100%. It's a pretty big game, so if I sit down and pretend I'm told. "

Harris said he felt pain in the hamstring on the fourth round Pallekele day, but went with the bowling, because it was not acute. "I am a fast bowler bowl so the stiffness of each day. Walking I do not know, not at all. I've heard probably the first or second phase of my throwing motion, he had a tight little ', but not is enough to grab me, or should be discontinued.

"I think the fear of driving too fast, I could possibly rip and would become a thing of two months, however, as it is today, anything that requires a week or two of recovery time."

The absence of Harris would be a blow to the potential for Australia to achieve a series victory in Sri Lanka, as it took for the 11 windows in the average number of 14.54 and an incredible unemployment rate remains a concern 36 the hosts with the new ball and put a lot of trouble on the contrary, the old swing.

Harris should not be ruled out, his place would probably be the subject of one of the duo of Peter Siddle Victory, or James Pattinson. Siddle has experienced rapid, but Pattinson is also impressed with many of his tour with the speed and swing. Harris said that a man can do the job.

"I know guys who have not played was in the nets every day, they are ready to go if they are necessary as a bowling group, we have in Sri Lanka under pressure and their related works .. In these periods, we took wickets to keep the pressure on them, so I'm sure we can continue that. "

Planning for three back-to-back tests were always going to be hard for Harris to return to cricket after missing the first third of 2011 with a broken ankle sustained in the Melbourne Ashes Test. Harris must also manage the degenerative problems right knee, a disease that caused him to question his longevity in the game more than once. So listen Harris was assigned to manage his knees, and mentally prepare for the day when he can not support his bowling action longer, which is currently less troubled than others when worn.

"I did not expect to be anything, but my knee. With my knee, as well as the best, it seems to get. Even with two days off now, it becomes painful, it does nothing. It's disappointing because I did a little work to be beautiful and strong, and even something minor like this [the hamstring strain] was upset. I had a good preseason in the gym, I have no doubt in my legs that I had, and the rest of my body felt good, I lost a little weight too. "

Harris is facing the death of cricket with the same frankness and honesty that is widely used in the bowling crease. He says he wants to play international cricket for the next three years, and I would play as many games the team has demanded that at this time.

Prasanna Jayawardene bowled Ryan Harris, Sri Lanka against Australia, first Test, Galle, 3rd day, September 2, 2011

Ryan Harris won the release of the ball squarely in Sri Lanka © AFP

Enlarge

"I do not want the selectors feel that I am a testing proposal to the test. I came here to play three trial matches. It is likely that it had in the back of your mind that maybe three back-to-back The tests will be hard for me. But I'm still growing, if a three or five games, my goal is to play all games.

"Last summer, go to the ashes, I do the back of mind I might have to retire by the end of the series. But I did, my knee got the best. I do not want to be seen to receive special treatment and choose the test match I play. "

Special treatment has become more necessary to better Harris played for Australia. Despite the results he obtained in Sri Lanka, Mr. Harris, it can improve.

"This will sound silly, but I still do not feel 100% when I'm bowling. The good news is that we always put the ball in the right place and get the wickets. Probably getting down steadily, but not fast bowling always a big deal these wickets in Sri Lanka. is the right place and let the ball move.

Harris has shown itself capable of the versatility of the best bowlers using a length greater than normal in Sri Lanka to stunning effect. He checked himself sometimes, wondering if he is bowling half volley, but on the advice of his captains and his teammates kept the pitch in the hunt for swing and seam.

"Something that worked before I came here and talked about when I got here I was a little more complete bowling on these wickets. It's something that Tim Nielsen [Australia coach] and Craig [McDermott, Australia bowling coach] really instilled in me. Short Bowling a duration of around here, it's like to feel a little more. "

Harris must keep all your body, your next mission will be in South Africa in windows that best suits your skills. It's a perspective that he enjoys.

"I saw a lot of Test cricket and the ball goes a little faster thanks to the altitude. It will be exciting to play international cricket in a place they have not done before. J 'I played there the IPL, but it will be nice to get out there and play against another facet of international quality. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More