Wednesday 3 August 2011

Sarwan Focused On Comeback

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

Ramnaresh Sarwan, West Indies batsman, said he considered leaving the international game "no later than eight months," but is now focusing on the fight for his place. Sarwan contract was not renewed by the WICB in August 2010 and was in and out since then. He was then omitted from the team for the third Test against India in Dominica in July.

"I do not [to consider termination]," Sarwan told The Royal Gazette ", probably no later than eight months ago, because everyone was getting frustrating. You are in a situation where no one knows what will happen, if it was a good reason reason or bad. I have always felt a very fine line to walk on [the government], and of course ... I mean, it's just a matter of how badly I want it now ".

When the WICB Sarwan cut his list of players under contract, the Board had said it was "extremely worried by the indifferent attitude and approach Sarwan packing sporadic, especially in recent years." It was left to tour the rain marred Sri Lanka in 2010 and the first three ODIs against Pakistan in April this year. Then just scored 29 runs in the first two tests against India before it was abandoned by the third.

"The last two and a half years, it was disappointing," said Sarwan. "Of course, I had my problems with advice on fitness to my questions and stuff, so I was out shape I was in and out of the team, but I think it is just a test of my character .. I think I have a lot more cricket in me and I am determined to regain my position and do what is necessary in the cricket-wise to return.

"Everything else is behind me, what happened in the past lived in the past, there is nothing that will come in my way from here on in. I'll just put it aside and show me, and continue to being old Ramnaresh Sarwan, who began his career in 2000. "

Sarwan said he would begin his return to play in national tournaments. "I have still two months before the regional tournament begins, a tournament I hope. I want to show the regional tournaments and back in the West Indies team.

"I think when you play you and if you do you will suffer the consequences. The easiest part is to do the hardest thing is to keep, I have work to do."

Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More