Thursday 4 August 2011

Ponting Local Knowledge Of Demand

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

One of the consequences of removing Simon Katich on the Australian team is that Ricky Ponting is the only member of the tour of Sri Lanka team played a test match on the island.


Australia captain Michael Clarke was a member of the team on tour in 2004 but did not debut until the test visit to India later this year.

Australia 3-0 in 2004 came to fight for fashion. The hosts led to the first innings in all three tests before the inning and Damien Martyn and Darren Lehmann, among other things, can be spin-out Shane Warne Sri Lanka in the fourth inning.

It was an important way for Ponting to start his captain, but now it will be the man, handing out advice on the sky of Sri Lanka to his successor Clarke and his teammates.

"As it turns out, I think I'm the only player who has played Test cricket there, so I'll give him [Clarke] advice on the place, I think that when test matches come around , "Ponting said with a smile, before flying to Sri Lanka.

David Hussey has spoken of the challenge facing sites to promote the hosts, but Ponting said his best advice would be to play the conditions on merit, not suspicion.

"One thing we can not do, especially when you go anywhere in the subcontinent, has little regard terms hitter," said Ponting. "In the past we talked about what we believe conditions will be like before we started, and made it more difficult for us. There was talk about it.

"We have a lot of time to prepare. We have a five-day training session before the one-dayers will be around, and Michael and I are not playing Twenty20 cricket but we have five one-dayers before the match tour, so there are many opportunities for us, and there should be no excuse to come test time. "

Meanwhile, Ponting said Clarke would present much more help than a hindrance when it comes to finding a way to fight a team of Sri Lanka, which has a line-up batting World deeper and achieve statistically Cricket.

"We took a couple of times the last couple of months. We spent a lot of time up in Brisbane and the team will discuss some of my ideas and tried to get some information from him," said Clarke. "It 'an advantage that the team, we have a good player of the whole group, which has had an incredible success, not only the attacker, but the manager, and we would be foolish not to take advantage of that as much as we can.

"One thing I said was that is there for me, what I needed, is more than happy to help. With him, not the teacher who gave you the opportunity to spend more time with young players. It was the time spent with Usman [Khawaja] in the last two days, so I have really wanted to work with Ricky.

"It 'been good to me, when I was vice-captain, and he taught me a hell of a lot, and I feel comfortable in my position, knowing that I have learned a lot from him and that he is right there, and if I did not Need help or guidance. "

Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More