Wednesday 3 August 2011

I Went From Hero To Zero - Shahid Afridi

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

The former captain of Pakistan's Shahid Afridi has said that it was not part of the selection process of meetings over the last two one-dayers against West Indies in May earlier this year, despite the captain. Series of sharp observations on the Pakistani media over the past two days seems to dispel any possibility of reconciliation - which has added to speculation after his father's death last month - with the institution of cricket.


When he returned from the Caribbean, Afridi alluded to differences with coach Waqar Younis, sparking a controversy that led to Afridi is removed as captain and limited overs a legal battle with the board of Pakistan.

Waqar tour report in this series have confirmed Afridi had left a meeting because of disagreements relating to elections. Pakistan lost the final two ODIs and PCB chief Ijaz Butt has defended the decision to withdraw Afridi said he was not "material captaincy" in an interview last month.



"I did not attend the selection meeting on the eve of the last two matches," Afridi told reporters in Karachi on Monday. "The team was selected by coach Intikhab Alam and Waqar Younis, and I had no input in the selection of the eleven to play.

"It is well known through the report of the Director that I was not involved in the selection, because I left the meeting. The comments of the president were really disappointing, because the comments that it was inappropriate his stature. I was a hero to them after the World Cup and suddenly I was useless. "

Afridi said his PCB dispute, which ended when he agreed to plead guilty and pay a fine of Rs 4500000 error in exchange for permission to play in the national Twenty20 cricket in England, when the hit squad. "I had a lot of projects for the team," Afridi said. "Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Hafeez and I, we have been involved in the design of many strategies, but was ruined because of what happened next."

Afridi, who retired "suspended" from international cricket after he was removed as captain, said he would not reverse its decision as long as the current system of PCBs remained in power. "I can not play with people who have conspired against me and played against the team they have their own interests paramount to them and they do not harm the team.

"I have always maintained that playing for Pakistan is my priority, provided that represent my country in any offer from anywhere in the world," he said.



Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More