Monday 28 November 2011

Dwayne Bravo Expects To be Fit For Big Bash League

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

West Indies news

ESPNcricinfo staff

November 28, 2011

Dwayne Bravo, the West Indies allrounder, has said his ankle injury has healed and he expects to be fit for the Big Bash League in Australia next month. Bravo, who has signed for Sydney Sixers, is also expected to take part in the Caribbean Twenty20 for Trinidad and Tobago.

"My ankle injury has healed and it stood up well during training. Last week it felt very sore but it is now fine and the stiffness is gone," Bravo told CMC. "I will be flying out to Australia for the Big Bash but this time around I will also be available for Trinidad and Tobago in the regional series, as we look to defend our title."

Bravo's career has been blighted by injury in the past few years, since he suffered a serious ankle injury in 2008 which kept him out of the game for eight months. He suffered a big blow this year when his World Cup ended due to a knee injury he sustained in West Indies' first game of the tournament. He returned for the home one-day series against Pakistan but asked for a break after the first two ODIs against India in June to work on his game.

Since then Bravo has turned out for Chennai Super Kings in the Champions League T20 and for Trinidad & Tobago in the Regional Super50 tournament. The matches against Bangladesh A were to be his first first-class matches since the Tests in Sri Lanka last year but his return to the longer format has now been delayed further.

"I am now focussing on strengthening exercises and trying to get in as much practice before I leave for Australia," Bravo said. "I am working towards getting back into the international scene. I have to time my return well as for now I will be taking it easy and gradually intensifying. My recovery has been good so far and I don't want to push it too early."
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More