Monday 10 October 2011

KP 'never the right man to captain England' - Swann

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

England news

ESPNcricinfo staff

October 10, 2011

Graeme Swann believes Kevin Pietersen is not a natural captain and has claimed the batsman was never the right man to lead England. Swann, who captained England himself in the Twenty20s against West Indies last month, suggested that Andrew Strauss's calm leadership style has been central to England's success.

Pietersen was named England captain in August 2008 but his term lasted only five months after a highly publicized confrontation with then coach, Peter Moores. Strauss considered the role and harmonious relationship with Andy Flower was crowned champions of England test No. 1 in the world.

In his new book, the circuit breaker, Swann claims for Pietersen command is not in the same way as the more reserved Strauss.

"There is no doubt that Kev is a good player, a very good drummer, but was never the right man to captain England, I think," said Swann. "Some people are better leaders of men, and Kev for all his talent in abundance is not a natural leader.

"I would not say it was captain useless, but it was not my kind of captain, and ended with the man. I can not really understand why Strauss demands respect, but it does. I've known for a long time, but there is a line not cross with him that intersects with another person. It is a sign of a good leader. I am amazed at how people speak.

"It seems that pressing the right buttons with me always told me exactly what I think. Has been developed and significant and I would be very angry with myself if I ever found it necessary to disguise myself down."

In the absence of injured captain off Stuart Swann was given a chance to captain England for the Twenty20 International against West Indies. While it may have a reputation as a wildcard, wheel insisted he enjoyed the responsibility of the captain.

"It was nice as a game," Swann told the Times. "I said before I have a captain in my head every game I've ever played before, but it was different. I enjoyed the responsibility for decisions. He pandered my pleasure to be the center of attention, too. "

Swann, however, insisted he has no real captain hopes his, and that modern humans are responsible for what it takes to do the job. "Some will mature in a very good captain, Cookie did a great job, and after expressing my husband, the love of Strauss throughout my book, you will know that I hold in high esteem It would be a brave man to suggest. it should not be captain of England for a while yet. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More