Thursday 13 October 2011

I can't bat like Dravid - Uthappa

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

India news

ESPNcricinfo staff

October 13, 2011

Robin Uthappa smashed a half-century and a century in the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, while opening the batting for India Green, and is looking forward to what will be an important domestic season for him. Uthappa has not played for India since 2008 but believes his route back to the national side could be built based on an insistence on opening and playing his natural game.

"I enjoy opening," he told the Times of India. "I play my best at the top of the order and when things go my way more often than not I put the team into a good position. When I played for the Indian team, I chose to bat up and down the order for the sake of the team. But now I will stick to the opening slot. It's a good start to the season and I will try to build on it."

In the first match of the Challenger Trophy, it reached 56 in quick time before playing a rash shot which led to his dismissal and the subsequent collapse, but Uthappa says he will not stop his attack on instincts.

"I am an instinctive player, when I go to a sudden, I'm back and go There are advantages and disadvantages of the battery instinctive and aggressive when he gets to the right, which is lovely but at the same time the air .. ugly when you leave. I'm definitely trying to play any longer, because if I do, it would be beneficial to the side to play. I work hard at it, but do not expect immediate results.

"I played cricket in a way all my life. It is better for me to keep playing the way I played. If I play like Rahul Dravid and S Badrinath, I'm not going to be very successful.'m Going to play aggressively, that brings out the best in me. That's the way my team and people like me to bat. "

Uthappa had a poor IPL 2011 for Pune Warriors, not without a half century in 14 matches, but says he was in good contact with the last five months.

"I played my natural game in the last four or five months. I have fun when I opened the batting and I really feel I've reached my account. The season has just begun. This season will be very important, especially with the Ranji Trophy come. I'm ready for the challenge. "
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More