Thursday 15 September 2011

Chris Cowdrey recovering after heart attack

Join 24/7 Cricket News For More Updates

New England

Personal ESPNcricinfo

September 15, 2011

Chris Cowdrey, the former England captain, is recovering after suffering a heart attack last week while visiting the hospital has stitches in his knee.

Cowdrey, 53, has played six tests and led his country once during the 1988 season against the West Indies, with three one-day internationals, and had a 16-year career with Kent.

"People have always said I was lucky player - good if you want a heart attack everywhere, so in the middle of a hospital is probably," Cowdrey said in a statement released by the Association of Professional Cricketers' . "I went there to have three stitches in my knee. I guess it's too much to what I should not have done and not enough on what I did in the 30 years.

"I hate letting people down, drag-out dinners and speeches is not my style, but I hope that everyone understands that my goal is to return to full health, and that I need to take it easy."
Advertisement



Bookmark and Share This Post :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More